Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A 4 Year Old's Take



I was sitting at the computer and Joe came up to me to tell me that Grace needed a towel.
Not letting a moment like this pass,
I swooped him up, gave him a big ole hug, sat him on my lap,
and said
"Oh, Joe, let me see that handsome smile!"

He responded with a huge smile
full of joy and pride
and then a look of confusion engulfed his face
as he said
"My hands don't smile; they wiggle!"
and proceeded to wiggle his fingers!

The way his little mind works just entices me!
Hand-some has a whole new definition
in the mind of my silly 4 year old!
I love that little bundle of joy and love!
He is smart, loving, compassionate, caring, hard-headed
and a real-life giggle box!
I love to listen to him laugh
and his funny remarks, like the one above,
are sometimes just too cute not to share!



I love you so much, Joe!!!

2 comments:

sallee said...

adorable!!

Sophie said...

What a precious boy Joe is and that smile is too cute!