Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bridal Shower and Faith Like Potatoes

6/26/10
Happy Monday!  On Saturday, a few friends of mine and I had a gorgeous bridal shower for one of my good friends, Cindy Ford's, son, Josh's, soon-to-be-bride.  It was a beautiful shower!  Six ladies from our neighborhood, seven including me, hosted the shower.  
The Hostesses and Bride (L-R): Nancy, Me, Julianna (bride), Lorrie, Jamie, Becky, (Kristi and Jerrie not pictured).

I was so amazed at how beautiful the shower was!  There were gorgeous flower arrangements everywhere, only china and crystal was used for serving, the cake was beautiful, and Becky's house accommodated everyone very well!

Between the seven of us who hosted the shower, we have twelve daughters ranging from twenties to two (Ella)... so we have LOTS of showers ahead of us!
_____________________________________

After I came home from the shower, the kids swam, I laid out by the pool, and we enjoyed our (VERY HOT) Saturday afternoon.  



The weather here has been SO HOT that all we can do is either swim or stay inside. I don't think it has been below 95 degrees for most of June, and it is hot ALL DAY LONG... from 8 am to 8 pm it is humid and in the 90's.
____________________________________________

Then, it was designated Family Movie Night.  We watched Faith Like Potatoes.
BEST.
MOVIE.
EVER.
It is about a family who works and runs an orphanage in South Africa.  I missed the first 15 minutes of the movie because I was popping popcorn, so I'm not exactly sure how it all started... you'll just have to see for yourself!
I cried, I laughed, I bawled, and I held on for dear life to see what would happen next.
This is a great example of what can happen when you just have faith.

*I hope you had a good Monday!  And for your next movie night, be sure to watch Faith Like Potatoes.


No comments: