Monday, May 17, 2010

My Thoughts Monday

My Thoughts Monday is a day dedicated to sharing what is on our minds.  Join me each week to share what has been weighing heavily on your heart and mind.

This week: I've had all these thoughts about adoption (and why people don't 'get it') swirling around in my head for days.  I finally sat down at the computer and emptied it all out into this poem.

Just because you do not see me
Just because you do not see me, doesn’t mean I don’t exist
Just because you do not love me, doesn’t mean I do not wish
For someone just like you to come into my life
Make me apart of your world, tuck me into bed each night
Some people think this place I live, is fine for me for now
But the real truth about it is, I struggle just to wonder how
How can this dirt, the pain I feel each time the misery comes
How do I erase the filth, the hurt, the pain so deep my mind just runs
Runs to a happy place where family is near
So kind so loving so complete so wonderful and dear
Where are you now why aren’t you here, I cry myself to sleep
Waiting for a mom and dad to come and rescue me
God says he took us as His own we are now His daughters and sons
But will you take me into your home and for me this battle won.
I struggle why no one seems to care to see the pain I feel
The physical and emotional that is so very real
I am the same as your sweet child that God brought from your womb
I need the same love and care the hugs, and the laughter too
So just because you do not see does not mean I don’t exist
It just means I am struggling alone still with my only wish
The wish for a mom and dad to hold me close each night
Not let another person come and in my world bring fright
I need a protector, love, teaching, comfort, someone to hear
All the dreams the passion, desires that God has been so clear
So clear that we all need a family, a home, a place that every child desires
A place to grow to sing to dance to celebrate and admire
The way I’ve grown and have developed into the beautiful child I have become
Because you came for me and out of the darkness I can finally see the sun.
So thank you mom and thank you dad for showing me God’s love
The kind that lasts forever and into His arms I will finally run
Not run away from my fears but into His family I will go
Because you loved and showed me the God you also know
So on this day we can celebrate, the past, the pain is gone
And so for me, but not for others this battle is finally won
I now know the true meaning of Jesus because you showed His love, and no longer will I roam.
You sacrificed your life your dreams and you gave to me a home.
I will never be perfect but you didn’t care and took a risk
And you decided that just because you didn’t see me, doesn’t mean I did not exist.

No comments: