Sunday, May 23, 2010

SUMMER!

I meant to post last week about the kids getting out of school... but, as you can tell, I didn't.

Part 1:
Sarah (14) got out of school last Tuesday, May 18.  I am so proud of her and how she blossomed this past school year.  Last year she decided that it was time to go to a bigger school; the four oldest went to a private Christian school (which is an AMAZING school, don't get me wrong), but in the junior high grades, classes get a little small.  So for eighth grade Sarah went to the public junior high school.  She was a cheerleader, on the A honor all year, and never let down her guard for God.  She LOVED her eighth grade year, and I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE WILL BE IN HIGH SCHOOL NEXT YEAR!!!
I didn't get any pictures of her last day of school because she went out to eat with a lot of her friends right after she got out.


Part 2:
John (13), James (11), and Anna Grace (8) got out of school last Wednesday, May 19.  I am so proud of them, too!  We LOVE their school- they learn about God in every subject, and the teachers are so kind and helpful!  I snapped a picture of them before they left school...

I don't think James was too excited to pose for pictures... he was ready to leave! :)

All four older kids (plus John's friend Jordan).

Anna Grace LOVED her 2nd grade teacher!  She had a great year!

James also loved his teacher!  She was very funny and loved all her 5th grade students.

I didn't get a picture of John and his 7th grade teacher.  He was just ready to leave!

Part 3:
Luckily (so that I will remain SANE), the little two are still going to preschool twice a week.  It is nice to have JUST the older four to do fun things on Wednesdays and Fridays... sometimes a break is NICE.

We have had a wonderful start to our summer... filled with movies every night, sleeping in every morning, and playing outside and inside.  So far, so GREAT!

No comments: